Wednesday, November 01, 2006

More in the mail!


Sorry I haven't been posting...I came late to the party and I have been knitting furiously! So in the mail today go:
3 bibs - All from the Mason Dixon Knitting pattern; two in 1824 cotton (I cornered the market on this stuff when it was discontinued...I am so glad it's back) and one in Cascade Fixation Bulky (which I would not use again for a bib - too stiff but will probably soften much in washing). I put a sailboat button on the blue one - I live on a lake and am sending a fresh breeze to the Dutchicans! The gold one has a Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle button (I had one left over from some other project-perfect!). The multi-colored one has a plain wooden button...it already had enough pizzaz and when covered with strained peas and carrots ought to look just wild enough!
3 sweaters
Grey one in Rowan Cashsoft DK from EZ Knitter Almanac February -the gull lace one - I thought it might be feminine but my husband absolutely was floored by it and said it was a perfect baby sweater-wants me to knit one exactly the same for our forthcoming grandson that is due in March...
Gold one in Sirdar Snuggly DK from EZ Baby Surprise - this is my "go to" sweater and I usually always have one on the needles (note this pattern makes a perfect Dulaan sweater if knit in bulky weight wool)
Demin one in Sirdar Denim Tweed DK from Placket sweater from Last Minute Gifts - the corrected version at PurlSoho.com-this was a great knit...another one that I will do again!

It's a bad picture ...not quite sure why this came out so fuzzy...too much coffee already perhaps:>)...
Thanks for letting me help Warm the Dutchicans! Virtual Baby Showers are fun!
Betsy

2 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Amby said...

I think picking out fun buttons like that is the best part of knitting baby stuff! :-)

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Red Dog Knits - Kristi and Otis said...

Betsy - what beautiful handknits - I can't wait to see them modeled! Thank you for all your efforts and talents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home