Monday, September 25, 2006

Warm Up the Dutchicans

So what's this all about? Red Dog Triplets? What is this, some kind of advertisement for free puppies?

Uh, no! This is about Kristi, of Red Dog Knits. She's pregnant and she doesn't have just one little baby to get ready for, she's got three. That's right, Kristi is having triplets and to top it all off they are all boys!

Now our Kristi, she's a mighty strong lady, I'll tell you, but even strong women need a little help once in a while. Kristi, like many of you visiting this blog is a knitter. She makes some gorgeous knitted items, but can you imagine knitting for not one baby, not two babies, but three?

I know I'm boggled by the staggering amount of knitting that would need to be done. So here's where I'm asking for help friends, and Kristi doesn't know a thing about it. If you are willing to knit for the triplets and would consider helping me make Kristi's knitting life a little less hectic, please drop me a comment in the comments section, or send me an email.

I'll even make the pot a little sweeter. For every donated item (or set for booties) I'll enter your name in a drawing for some yarn. I'll make it really good yarn like Regia Silk, or Claudia's Handpainted, or Lorna's Laces, or something great. So if you make 6 bibs for Kristi, you'll get your name in the pot 6 times. Who knows if I get a lot of help and handknit items, I might just up the number of prizes.

Now for the nitty gritty. Kristi wants each baby to feel special all on its own, so no matching triplet sweaters, bibs, booties, etc. Try to be creative and think about how special you would want to feel. I'm thinking of making a sweater and some mittens or maybe a couple of hats and who knows. . . I'm a little high on the wool fumes right now.

Since I'm not very close to Kristi (as in I live in Indiana, she's in Michigan) I have a co-conspirator co-host that has agreed to drop off knitted items. So leave me a comment when you finish your item(s) and I'll email you her address to send them on down the line. :) If you have friends that are knitting items please feel free to send them together to save on postage and time. If you live in Indiana I would be happy to pick them up if possible.

Oops! I almost forgot, if you are planning on helping Kristi please have all of your items in the mail and leave me a comment by Nov. 2. According to Kristi, the Dutchicans (half Dutch half Mexican) should arrive sometime in November. They will have to stay in the Natal Intensive Care Unit for some time, but she hopes to have them home for Christmas. I want them to have a pile of handknits to keep them warm. Michigan gets COLD!

Thanks for reading this long post and I hope that you'll join the "Warm Up the Dutchicans" campaign that I'm sort of thinking about running. :)

15 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Count me in!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in, too!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger AR said...

Great idea! And fun, too! I'd love to help out! I'll try to knit something, too. Do you want me to mention this on my blog? What if Kristi reads it? I won't say a thing 'til you ok it. How would you like me to spread the word?? Let me know.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger jill said...

I'm in!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in! What a great idea!

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely in.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I am totally in!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am in!

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to help out! I will spread the word in my S'n'B metting on Thursday!

This will be so much fun!

Kelli

weaver.miner@gmail.com

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add me to the list.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to do something, not sure what I can do, because I have a ton of current projects and 3 babies to knit for locally, but I'm going to check out my pattern book tonight and find something I can whip out 3 of in a short amount of time. So please count me in. Is there a specific deadline?

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh count me in! Of course if she's ok with getting three "mite" hats--different colors at least of course!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger aija said...

Hi! Please count me in too :)

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I have twins and can't imagine caring for triplets! Count me in. Love knitting for babies!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Dana said...

I might not make the 11/2 mailing deadline, but I'm still in. Where do I send stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home