Thursday, October 12, 2006

Jack and Jill Went Up the Hill

But there are a lot of great nursery rhymes out there. Which one was/is your favorite nursery rhyme?

Mine is :

Georgie Porgie, puddin' pie
who kissed the girls and made them cry
when all the boys came out to play
Georgie Porgie ran away

Why is it my favorite? Well, my brother named one of our kittens George a few years ago and we found out that George was actually a Georgette. :) So it makes me laugh when I sing it to her. (Yes, I do sing it to the cat. So. You probably talk to your computer.) ;)

If its a common rhyme the first line is fine, but if it isn't well known feel free to leave the whole rhyme. :)

6 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that this one is the one that stands out and probably gives you a little window into my childhood (it's all about double entendres):

She's got freckles on her but (butt)she's pretty...

She sits upon the cabbages
and Peas (Pees)...

She's the farmer's daughter, but all the horseman knew her (horse manure)

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Isn't it obvious?

Little Miss Muffett sat on her tuffet
Eating her curds and whey
Along came three spiders
Who sat down beside hers
And frightened Miss Muffett away!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Ren said...

i don't have a nursery rhyme but i did knit up a toy and would love to be added to the fun here!

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tissues. I needed them.:)My favorite nursery rhyme Jack nd Jill cos Jack fell down and broke his crown. Reminds me of my brother & I when we played as kids ..........hee-hee

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger jill said...

Mine has always been Jack and Jill...just because of Jill. ;o)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Karen said...

No question...my (and my kids') favorite is:

Diddle-diddle-dumpling, my son John
Went to bed with his trousers on;
One shoe off and one shoe on,
Diddle-diddle-dumpling, my son John.

(and no, no "John" in our family...I just loved the image of being too tuckered out to get ready properly for bed!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home