Monday, November 06, 2006

Another lil' sweater

I didn't quite make it in time for the deadline, but the last thing I need is to be angling for more yarn anyway! But I do have another finished sweater...
PATTERN: Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater, designed by Carole Barenys, free pattern here
YARN: Patons Decor
NEEDLES: First Clover bamboo straights, then KnitPicks Options, U.S. #4, sleeves with Crystal Palace Bamboo DPNs
BUTTONS: Ladybugs, from Have You Any Wool?
NOTES: Ok, so I must confess that I was swept away by the cuteness of the buttons and didn't realize until later that I was sewing LADYbugs onto a BOY'S sweater. Much angst and fretting followed until an impatient JP said "Honey, it's for an infant. And they're BUGS! Boys like bugs!" So I guess they're ok for now!
I like the Patons Decor, but DANG it's hard on the hands...not sure how soon I'll use this yarn again. It does knit up to a nice warm tight fabric though...just right for keeping little babies warm in icy windy cold Michigan winters!




5 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable sweater and I like the ladybugs - I think they are gender neutral - thanks for all your knitting!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Kyra said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. The "bugs" are perfect!

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very cute! I like the lady bugs. Bugs is bugs.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Those buttons are adorable!

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladybugs are unisex and that sweater is to adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home