Monday, November 06, 2006

It ain't over 'til it's over!

It's been like Christmas at my house, with packages arriving daily for Kristi's babies. There've been so many that the mail-lady has been carrying them up to the door in plastic tubs! I'm thinking about pretending I know nothing about the Dutchicans and hiding all these gorgeous handknits away for my future grandchildren. Think anyone will notice?

Just kidding!!!

My mother-in-law was visiting me today. She knows nothing about computers, or e-mail, or the Internet, although I've shown her my blog from time to time. I showed her the pile of packages from today's mail and explained to her what they were all about. We opened them together and held the tiny knitted items in our hands. She was overcome with emotion at this tangible evidence of virtual strangers from all over the continent caring so deeply for one another.

Kelli and I want to thank all of you AGAIN for your hard work, for your kindness, and for your generosity. I won't put words into Kristi's mouth (like I just did for Kelli!), but I know you're all aware of what a wonderful thing you're doing for her and for her family.

I also want to remind you that I will continue to accept handknits for Kristi's babies for as long as you continue to send them to me.

Sarah

1 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You can put words into my mouth Sarah - I just can't believe the generosity of everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home