Friday, October 27, 2006

Elija (Eli) Domingo Garcia

We are overwhelmed with everyone’s kindness and well wishes and cannot express our appreciation to all of you as we grieve the loss of our baby boy. Today we made the decision to share with others his name - Elija (Eli) Domingo. We have and continue to cry so many tears but know that your kind words are comforting to us. We realized since sharing our loss how much Eli meant to so many people - we cried with our doctor today but left with a feeling of hope for Eli’s two brothers. One of us will attempt to share updates as they become available.
I know that many knitters have either made or are making items for all three babies. You are welcome to make a personal decision as to how you want to celebrate Eli and share these gifts - charities in memory of Eli or otherwise.

We came home from our appointment today to find this left outside our front door by Noel’s co-workers and we both feel it sums up what we are feeling.

To All Parents by Edgar A. Guest
“I’ll lend you for a little time a child of mine..” the universe said,
“For you to love the while he lives and mourn for when he’s dead,”
It may be six or seven years, or twenty-two or three,
But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?”
He’ll bring his charms to gladden you and shall his stay be brief.
You’ll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.”
“I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return
But there are lessons taught there, I want my child to learn
I’ve looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true
And from the throngs that crowd life’s lanes, I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain,
Not hate me when I come to call to take him home again?”
I fancied that I heard them say, “Thy will be done”
For all the joy a child shall bring, the risk of grief we’ll run.
We’ll shelter him with tenderness, we’ll love him while we may
And for the happiness we’ve known forever grateful stay;
But shall the angels call for him much sooner than we’ve planned.
We’ll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand.”

Our love to you now and forever Baby Elija,
Mom and Dad

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Kristi, my heart is truly breaking for you. What a beautiful poem. Thank you for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home