Sunday, October 22, 2006

In the mail!!


I am headed to the post office tomorrow to send away these lovlies. I noticed that there were a lot of hats and booties/socks being put together so I searched for something a little different and came up with this pattern. The details are a little hard to see - I took the pictures with flash, at night. It’s a great little pattern, knit flat with snaps to accommodate tubes etc but will be very nice for any baby as we all know how hard it is to get those little arms into armholes! The designer says that acrylic is nice and easy to care for but I found some really soft washable wool in my stash, MANLY colors - the red and blue are made from Shepherd Colour 4 me 8 ply, the black is Cleckheaton Country 8 ply natural. I used 1 1/2 skeins for each, about 120 yards. At first my dh couldn’t figure out why I was making these for a complete stranger - then I reminded him that Kristi posted the Empanada recipe - enough said. He just shakes his head regarding triplets - we can’t image any of our kids in triplicate!!

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! Love them and glad you liked the empanatas - who knew a good recipe could be used for a handknit exhange? I may be on to a new form of currency ;)

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! Perfect to wear over a onesy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home