Sunday, October 22, 2006

Getting Started


I feel like I am sooooo behind the rest of the knitters. I have been battling an upper respiratory infection for the last three weeks. It knocked me back once and I was flat on my back for four days and then just when I thought I was getting over it...WHAM...it hit me again. Today is actually my first day up and out of bed. I have however, managed to get started with these cute lil' socks, sort of my own pattern. I don't think they'll fit a preemie but maybe about a six month old. I am pretty lousy at baby sizes. It's been a long time since my nieces and nephews were little. It's a very soft acrylic DK weight, Sirdar Snuggly. My plan is to make six pair and three preemie hats. A little ambitious for me at the moment given all the wip's I have going but these knit up pretty fast so I think I can pull it off close to the arrival of the tres amigos.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Ren said...

i hope you get to feeling better! i'm fighting a bad cold and i know how awful it can be!

those are cute socks!

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are coming out of your Nyquil haze and are coherent enough to knit;)

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, those are great little socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home