Thursday, October 26, 2006

Grief

Baby B is gone, so suddenly and so unfairly. I can't even begin to fathom what Kristi and her husband are going through right now. I don’t know them well enough to interrupt their grieving process to ask what the knitters can do to help, but it just dawned on me what the knitters CAN do. We can keep knitting for the other two boys. There are two more babies in there who we can’t forget about. I think the condolences that are being left in comments are heartfelt and touching and fitting and wonderful, and when Kristi and Noel are ready they can take comfort in them – maybe they already have. But I think the knitters can also keep knitting. It’s what we do best.

I'll continue to accept your knitted gifts for Kristi's boys for as long as you continue to send them in.

"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises" – Elizabeth Zimmerman

3 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey how about you keep making three of everything and donate the additional items - in baby B's name - to a worthy cause?

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sentiment.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have accidentally come upon Kristi's blog, and it has brought me here. I send Kristi and her husband my very deepest condolences. I send healing to their broken hearts.

I must also tell you knitters that you are a wonderful group of people. You make me have faith in tomorrow because of your over whelming kindness. Bless you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home