Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Another Prize! And I wax on about knitters.

We have another prize donated. Some GypsyKnits Superwash Sock yarn in the Winter Mountain Flowers colorway. How great is that?!

I love knitbloggers. They're more caring, generous, and thoughtful that your blood relatives at times. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you have all come together to make Kristi so happy.

You know, I've never even met Kristi. I don't know her husband's name. If she hadn't posted a pic of her wedding, I wouldn't have known what they looked like if I did chance upon them. I'm fairly sure that she wouldn't know me if I walked by her (I do not always look as shiny as I did at the Harlot signing). So you may wonder what possessed me to start up this little hotspot, this blogsite, virtual baby shower, virtual knit together. I like her. I really do.

I like to read her blog. I love the humor she has about her pregnancy. I appreciate not having incessant droning about baby movements, changes, and every little ache and pain that she is going through. I like how she casts the bad and the good into the light of day and lets them just be what they are. I love how she sprinkles in the hard stuff so that you don't notice as much how much pain, frustration, and worry she must be going through. I like her.

And you know the great thing? All of you do too.

4 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

And c'mon who else would publicly admit they now have to wear a Larry King thong? That takes guts!!! :-)

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger AR said...

I like Kristi! Now I'm all teary. I have to put heels in the eensy teensy socks that I knit. That's two pair down!

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm blushing people....I think the truly awesome people are those who come together and are so selfless and giving - everyone of you!

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right!
She makes you laugh!
She makes you cry!
You feel her pain over the Larry King Thongy-Thingy!
And how can you not love the dogs, esp OTIS! I love that guy!
I'm knitting a sweater (takin' a class even) and falling horribly behind with everything else going on in my life.
Will start baby knitting ASAP!
Thanks for "hosting" the baby shower!
Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home